Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Prescot Cables


First Team - Match centre

Prescot Cables
Bamber Bridge
Tue 17 Oct 19:45 - The Integro League Cup 17-18 Full time Attendance 165

Prescot Cables 1-4 Bamber Bridge

Tuesday 17th October 2017 – Integro League Cup First Round

Dan Burn & Josh Klein-Davies were handed their first starts for Prescot Cables in a much changed but
strong starting line up against the League Leaders & League Cup holders Bamber Bridge,
Klein-Davies’ was rewarded for his tireless display up top with a goal, though the visitors ran out
comfortable winners in the end.

Lloyd Dean returned to the starting line up and took the captains armband in the absence of James
McCulloch, Brian Richardson also handed starts to Alan Burton, Reece McNally & Andy Scarisbrick.
It was largely defences on top until the the 30th minute when Reece McNally was adjudged to have
body-checked Daniel Mooney and the visitors where awarded a penalty kick, Cables left frustrated
with the award but it wasn’t the first major decision that would go against the hosts on the night.
Much travelled Jamie Milligan confidently despatched the penalty into the bottom left hand corner.
Moments after the restart Bamber Bridge struck again, left back Adam Dodd playing a one-two with
Alistair Waddecar before finishing emphatically leaving former Bamber Bridge keeper Marcus
Burgess no chance and sending the visitors in at the break with a 2-0 advantage.

Cables started the second half strongly and their early pressure paid off on 51 minutes when Josh
Klein-Davies latched onto Lloyd Dean’s wonderful through ball to finish low into the bottom corner
and half the deficit. Within 60 seconds of the goal joy was to turn to despair for Prescot Cables, after
a coming together in the penalty area the referee deemed that Harry Cain had dived, a decision
which astonished many on lookers, as Cain had already been cautioned on the stroke of half time a
second yellow card meant that Cables would have to see through the final 38 minutes with ten men.
Despite the adversity Cables continued to press and came close to an equaliser on a number of
occasions, though Bamber Bridge always looked dangerous on the break, and having squandered a
great opportunity moments before the visitors duly scored their third on 70 mins, Brad Carsley with
a clinical finish from just inside the box.

The pattern remained throughout the duration of the game with Burgess staying big to deny Bamber
Bridge in two one-on-one situations before substitute James Boyd finally completed the scoring for
the visitors from close range on 88 mins.

Prescot Cables return to action this Saturday afternoon, 21st October hosting Clitheroe in the league,
whilst next week cables visit Bootle in the Liverpool Senior Cup Tuesday 24th before a home fixture
with Stalybridge Celtic in the FA Trophy the following Saturday 28th October.

PRESCOT CABLES: Burgess, Fernandes, McNally (Wynne), Coyne, Herbert, Scarisbrick (Olowabi), Burn (Faux),
Burton, Klein-Davies, Dean, Cain : Unused Subs – Conte, Southworth

BAMBER BRIDGE: Rigby, Vasey, Dodd, Baines, Mahoney, Potts, Waddecar, Forbes (Linney), Carsley, Milligan
Dudley), Mooney (Boyd) : Unused Subs – Doughty, Marlow

Referee: J.Nield

Attendance: 165

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors